Apply now to be a Kid Reporter!
Become a Scholastic Kid Reporter!
We are now accepting applications for the 2011-2012 Scholastic News Kids Press Corps!
To apply, applicants must complete and mail ALL of the following:
* a typed news article (maximum 400 words) about your community. The article must include at least two quotes from at least one interview.
* a typed essay (maximum 250 words) that answers the questions: Why do you want to be a Kid Reporter? What do you hope to learn as a Kid Reporter?
* two ideas for stories about people making a difference in your community that you would like to work on as a Kid Reporter.
* a basic background information form that lets Scholastic News Kids Press Corps editors know more about you and help us select a diverse group of kids from all over the country.
* a Student Release Form (form provided by Scholastic must be completed and signed by your parent/legal guardian).
* a recent photograph of yourself that, if you are selected as a Kid Reporter, will appear on the site when we announce the new Kid Reporters (this can be a color printout or an actual photograph, but we cannot return any submitted photographs).
Download the application on the Scholastic News Kids Press Corps website! All applications must be postmarked by October 11, 2011. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.