Become a Scholastic Kid Reporter — Apply Now!
We are now accepting applications for the 2012-2013 Scholastic News Kids Press Corps! To be considered, your application must be postmarked by October 12, 2012. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To apply, applicants must complete and mail ALL of the following:
* a typed news article (maximum 400 words) about your community. The article must include at least two quotes from at least one interview.
* a typed essay (maximum 250 words) that answers the questions: Why do you want to be a Kid Reporter? What do you hope to learn as a Kid Reporter?
* two ideas for stories about people making a difference in your community that you would like to work on as a Kid Reporter.
* a basic background information form that lets Scholastic News Kids Press Corps editors know more about you and help us select a diverse group of kids from all over the country.
* a Student Release Form (form provided by Scholastic must be completed and signed by your parent/legal guardian).
* a recent photograph of yourself that, if you are selected as a Kid Reporter, will appear on the site when we announce the new Kid Reporters (this can be a color printout or an actual photograph, but we cannot return any submitted photographs).
To get started, download the 2011-2012 Scholastic News Kids Press Corps Application! (File is in PDF format.)
Send your complete entry to:
Scholastic News Kids Press Corps/Apply
New York, NY 10012-3999
Kid Reporters are chosen by Scholastic News Kids Press Corps editors, and the 2012-2013 Kid Reporter team will be announced in early November.
Check out the 2011-2012 team!
Learn more about the Scholastic News Kids Press Corps by checking out some frequently asked questions about the program.
About the Scholastic News Kids Press Corps
Members of the Scholastic News Kids Press Corps cover news stories for www.scholastic.com/kidspress and select Scholastic classroom magazines. Between 15-20 new press corps members are chosen each school year. The program is open to all students ages 10-14 with a burning desire to be a journalist. The selection of Kid Reporters is based on writing ability, interviewing skills, and attention to detail.