What follows are suggestions for finding books for your class library.
- Join a Scholastic Book Club and use bonus points to order free books.
- Ask parents to contribute books their children no longer use.
- Visit yard and library sales and purchase books, which are often priced below a dollar each.
- Apply for a grant that gives funds toward books for school.
- Ask your principal for funds; you never know when there are extra dollars available.
- Invite your school's PTA to run a fundraiser for classroom libraries.
Please share what you do to enlarge your class library collections. When students have access to inviting and enjoyable books, reading can become a free choice experience that they repeatedly turn to.